This Simmered Citrus Carrots recipe is a quick fix for the vegetarian folks who are on the go. It’s easy to prepare, and you’ll surely enjoy this veggie recipe that you can serve as a side or your dinner!
Simmered Citrus CarrotsPrint Recipe
- 1 tablespoon of grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon of sugar, or to taste
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 1 cup of water
- 1 ½ pound of carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons of lemon or lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro
- Place all ingredients, except lemon juice and cilantro in a large frypan. Set over medium heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover, then simmer for approximately 15 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Keep a watch on the amount of liquid in the frypan; add more water as needed to cook the carrots to tender (do not add too much liquid, you want to let the liquid reduce from the pan until the pan is nearly dry and the flavors are intensified). The cooking time varies depending on the carrots’ thickness.
- Remove from heat and gently stir in lemon or lime juice and cilantro.