Easy Homemade Carrot Ginger Soup contains nutritious and therapeutic whole-food ingredients. This soup, made with spicy ginger, beta-carotene-rich carrots, nourishing broth, and protein-rich lentils, is inexpensive, delicious, and nutritious!
Soups are an excellent way to boost healing in the body, especially the gut, because they require less digestion. Because the ingredients have been pureed or tenderised, the food has already been “digested.”
Aside from the nutritional benefits, this soup is effortless to cook! Cut the ingredients (roughly cutting will suffice because you’ll be blending it anyhow), sauté the garlic and onions for a minute, then add everything to the saucepan and cook for 10 minutes until the soup is creamy.
What are you waiting for? Add this budget-friendly, easy-to-prepare and healthy recipe to your recipe book right away!
Easy Homemade Carrot Ginger Soup
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 piece of onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 pieces of large carrots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger, chopped
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 a cup of red lentils (optional)
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil.
- Sauté the onions and garlic for about 2 minutes, or until aromatic.
- Combine the remaining ingredients. Let the soup boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat moderately and leave to simmer for about 10 minutes, covered.
- Mix the soup using a hand blender or a conventional blender. If the soup is too thick, add extra liquid.
Note: Keep refrigerated for up to three days.