The summer of grilling is in full swing. But I do still love my pasta, so why not combine them both. A long time ago, I had gone to a restaurant and had a balsamic chicken and pasta dish that was outstanding, so I thought I would try to recreate it at home.
Grilling the chicken is a great and healthy way to cook the chicken, not to mention reducing the dishwashing, which I love. I decided to reserve the marinade and cook it down into a sweet and delicious sauce for the pasta. Top it with some gorgeous heirloom tomatoes and parmesan cheese, and you got yourself one winning pasta dish.
Check out this easy grilled balsamic chicken and pasta recipe that you can prepare anytime you want
Grilled Balsamic Chicken and PastaPrint Recipe
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- ½ cup of balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breast
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 6 ounces of spaghetti
- 1 ounce of parmesan cheese
- 1 Heirloom tomato, diced into small pieces
- Chicken stock as needed
- ¼ cup of reserved pasta water
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard and garlic.
- Place chicken in a Ziploc bag and add marinade. Place the chicken in the fridge and let marinate for about 2 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Place chicken on grill and reserve marinade.
- Grill chicken for about 6-8 minutes on each side until cooked through, and the thermometer reads 165. Remove chicken from the grill
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti and reserve ¼ cup of the pasta water.
- Place reserved marinade in a small pot.
- Let it boil and cook for 10 minutes. If it thickens up on you, add a little bit of chicken stock to thin it out.
- After 10 minutes, add chopped fresh basil leaves.
- Mix the cooked pasta with the balsamic sauce, and add tomatoes. Mix in the reserved pasta water.
- Slice the chicken.
- Place the pasta in a serving bowl and top with sliced chicken.
- Shave or grate parmesan cheese for toppings.
- Consume your grilled balsamic chicken and pasta immediately for best taste.