Last weekend, I was thinking of what hearty soup to have. Then I saw my lentils sitting at my table and thought, why not experiment and make this Creamy Curried Lentil-Leek Soup With Coconut Milk? So here I am sharing the delicious recipe with you all.
The process may seem a little tedious, but trust me! It takes mere minutes to prepare this delicious and healthy soup.
It’s perfect to have when you want something satisfying and savoury at the same time. It’s easy to reheat and consume, too–best when you don’t have much time cooking new dishes.
Creamy Curried Lentil-Leek Soup With Coconut Milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 stalks leeks halved lengthwise and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ stalk celery sliced
- 4 medium carrots sliced
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 2 cups dried lentils rinsed well
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 dash cayenne
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 handful lemon thyme chopped
- 15 ounces coconut milk
- 3 pieces chicken apple sausages cooked and sliced (optional)
- In a stockpot, sauté leeks, garlic and celery in olive oil or butter until for a minute or two.
- Add curry powder and sauté for another minute. Then, add lentils and enough chicken stock to cover by about an inch. Bring to boil, then turn down to a steady simmer.
- Add remaining stock as the lentils soak it up. After about 15 minutes, add your sliced carrots, cumin, cayenne, lemon thyme, and salt and pepper to taste. Continue to simmer for about 30 more minutes until lentils are tender.
- If desired, stir in the coconut milk and sausage, and heat through. Taste test for seasoning and serve it up with a nice crusty baguette.