Chicken Parmesan With Hot Peppers. In our household, chicken parmesan is one of those safe go-to dinners. You know, for those times, you’re standing in the kitchen racking your mind over what to make. Plus, you can make a lot of it and have yummy leftovers for the next few days.
So while I was making this recipe, I inadvertently saw leftover marinated hot peppers in my fridge. They’re Italian, right? So I sandwiched those peppers between the tomato and cheese. It gave the chicken parm a hint of heat, which I never had before. Pretty good!
There’s something so incredible about tomato and cheese – I love the combination! No wonder I could eat pizza every day and not think twice. When I was younger, I used to dip mozzarella sticks in hot jarred tomato sauce. Yummmm. So, without further ado, here’s my Chicken Parmesan With Hot Peppers.
Healthy Chicken Parmesan With Hot Peppers
- 1 ½ pounds chicken breasts trimmed and cleaned
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 large eggs scrambled
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 splash olive oil
- ½ cup marinara sauce note: if you have leftover sauce, this is a great time to use it!
- 8-12 pieces marinated hot peppers
- ¾ cup mixture of shredded fresh mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Dip each piece of chicken breasts in the egg mixture, then cover with bread crumbs. Repeat for all chicken.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Cook chicken 3-4 minutes per side, until golden (tip: to soak up any extra oil, place cooked chicken on a large plate lined with paper towels).
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place chicken on it.
- Layer each piece of chicken with marinara, hot peppers, then cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 8 minutes or until the cheese is melted. If you want to speed up this process, you can use the broiler.