I am standing in my front yard, photographing these garlic butter cheese waffles this morning. That’s love because I most definitely dripped garlic butter onto the wood floor by the front door. And I’m in love with these waffles; they are so good. Of course, these are great on their own, but if you’re gluten-free, they are the perfect answer to your quest for garlic bread.
I have lasagna in the fridge, and I opted to eat two of these lovely things instead of any lasagna. Don’t be mad at me when you develop a strong addiction to these and stop eating all other food groups. Garlic butter cheese waffles forever on repeat sounds like an okay plan.
Savoury Garlic Butter Cheese Waffles Recipe
- 2 cups flour gluten-free
- ⅓ cup cornmeal yellow
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1 cup soy milk unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- 1 cup vegan cheese shreds
Garlic Butter Ingredients
- ¼ cup vegan butter melted
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Preheat the waffle iron. Mix flour, cornmeal, nutritional yeast, baking powder, salt, and a few grinds of black pepper in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar and soymilk and stir together. Add the water and oil. Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture, and stir until well mixed. Stir in the shredded cheese.
- Carefully grease the hot waffle iron with an oil spray, or use a pastry brush and lightly coat with oil. Scoop batter with a heaping 1/3 cup measure (or smaller, depending on your waffle iron) and place on the iron. Close the lid and cook until crispy and golden. Repeat with the remaining batter. This recipe was tested on a Belgian waffle iron, and the waffles generally take 7 to 8 minutes to cook.
Garlic Butter Instructions
- Combine the melted vegan butter, minced garlic and parsley.