Healthy Habanero Honey Balsamic Chicken. I love chicken breasts for dinner. They are so easy to cook, and you can do so many things with them! Bake them, fry them, chop them, roll them, and grill them. The list is endless!
My usual chicken marinade calls for soy sauce, oyster sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic and sesame oil. It’s really tasty, but I was getting a little bit bored with it, so I decided to try putting Balsamic Vinegar, Honey and Habanero Chili in my chicken.
Why cook it?
This Habanero Honey Balsamic Chicken recipe has so much depth in flavor. It’s a bit sweet from the honey, a bit spicy from the habanero chili and a little bit salty and sour from the balsamic vinegar!
The best thing is it’s also really easy. You just mix all the ingredients and let it marinade for a bit. Then, just cook it in the pan.
Best paired with?
This Healthy Habanero Honey Balsamic Chicken recipe will go well with some kale or collard greens. If you want something carby, some rice, mashed potatoes or polenta will work as well! You can also shred it or dice it up and put it on a salad or as a pizza topping.
My Healthy Habanero Honey Balsamic Chicken is guaranteed to be delicious! Happy cooking!
Healthy Habanero Honey Balsamic Chicken
- 2 medium chicken breasts skinless
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2½ tablespoons balsamic vinegar (add more if you want it more sour/saltier)
- 1½ tablespoons soy sauce (add more if you want it saltier)
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 1-2 teaspoons honey (add more if you want it sweeter)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 4 teaspoons habanero chili minced (add more if you want it spicier)
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Create a chicken marinade by combining all ingredients except the first two. Taste it to see if the flavors are to your liking. Adjust if need be.
- Marinate chicken for 30 minutes or longer.
- Take chicken out of the marinade. Set aside marinade.
- Heat up oil in a large skillet and cook each side for about 5-7 minutes per side until it starts to turn brownish.
- Pour marinade on skillet. Simmer until the marinade has reduced and thickened.
- Turn off the heat and grind some black pepper on top of the chicken.
- Serve with your choice of side dish. This would go well with some kale or collard greens, rice or creamy polenta, or shred and toss with salad or as a pizza topping.