Classic Gimlet Gin Cocktail Recipe
The classic gimlet offers an alternative to a gin and tonic and can help stave off scurvy as it is believed it did on sailing ships. Must have made for some great sailing trips.
- 4 floz gin White gin or your favourite gin
- 1 tbsp lime Cut in half and squeeze the juice from each half. You should get about a tablespoon.
- 1 slice of lime
- First cut a lime in half and then cut a lime wheel from one of the halves
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice
- Pour 4 ounces of gin into a cocktail shaker
- Squeeze the juice from each half of your lime into the cocktail shaker
- Shake the cocktail shaker until everything is mixed
- Strain into a cocktail glass
- Garnish the side of the glass with the lime wheel
Calories: 275kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 0.04gFat: 0.01gSodium: 1mgPotassium: 8mgFiber: 0.2gSugar: 0.1gVitamin A: 3IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 2mgIron: 0.1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!