I can’t believe we are already a few months until Christmas! The pumpkin craze is just about to start, and I can’t help myself with this dish: Creamy Chicken Pumpkin Pasta.
I LOVE pumpkin because it has a lot of health benefits! So it only made sense to come up with a dinner recipe that includes pumpkin. This Creamy Chicken Pumpkin Pasta turned out really good! I was skeptical as I’ve never made anything hearty with pumpkin, just the sweet stuff. But it turned out great, and my family liked it! This could even be a side dish at Thanksgiving, and you could take out the chicken, so this can be a semi-vegetarian dish.
Heartwarming Creamy Chicken Pumpkin Pasta
- 4 pieces chicken breast boneless, skinless, sliced (4-ounce breasts)
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 8 ounces dry rotini pasta
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 4 tablespoons fat-free cream cheese spread
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese divided
- Spray a large skillet with olive oil spray. Place sliced chicken into a skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped garlic. Stir until the chicken is no longer pink.
- While the chicken is cooking, add water to a medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat. Follow the cooking directions on the box.
- Once the chicken is cooked, reduce heat to medium. Add canned pumpkin, cream cheese spread, almond milk, dried chives, pepper and Parmesan cheese. Stir until combined. Reduce heat to low.
- Drain noodles and add to chicken mixtures. Stir to combine and top with remaining Parmesan cheese.