This Yummy Pesto Chicken Lasagna recipe calls for two sauces, pesto and marinara. That sounds like a lot of work, doesn’t it? But you can buy premade sauces at the supermarkets now to save you time and effort.
Yummy Pesto Chicken Lasagna Recipe
- 4 medium chicken breast skinless, boneless, precooked and shredded
- 1 package lasagna no-boil
- 7 ounces pesto with basil
- 15 ounces marinara sauce
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 18 slices mozzarella
- 1 cup mozzarella shredded
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 medium egg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 13×9 pan.
- Combine the ricotta cheese, egg, parmesan, and salt and pepper in a medium bowl to taste.
- Alternately layer lasagna noodles, 1/3 of pesto, 1/3 of the ricotta mixture, 1/3 of shredded chicken, and 6 mozzarella slices.
- Repeat 2 more layers but use only 1 lasagna noodle instead of 2.
- Top with marinara and shredded mozzarella.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake the lasagna at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes, uncovering for the last 15 minutes of cooking.