This recipe is called shrimp scampi pasta. This dish calls for butter, and based on experience, anything with butter, as long as it’s not overdone, is perfect.
Most of the scampi recipes I saw online required white wine, which I didn’t have; neither did I have the intention to buy one. So I looked around and tried to see if others had used a substitute. It turned out white vinegar would do. Hurray!
Amazing Shrimp Scampi Pasta Recipe
- 1 pound Shrimps peeled and deveined
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 pieces calamansi
- ½ tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 200 grams spaghetti
- 1 teaspoon oregano dried
- 1 teaspoon parsley optional
- Peel and devein your shrimp (you can choose to leave the tail, which I did).
- Add salt and pepper and mix them all. Set aside the bowl.
- Cook the spaghetti pasta according to package instructions. After cooking the pasta, set it aside.
- Heat a skillet at medium-low and melt the butter. Then add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Add your shrimps, cooking them until they turn pink (they looked orange to me).
- Add your minced garlic, mixing all the ingredients well.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and squeeze calamansi juice.
- Add around half a tablespoon of white vinegar.
- Cook for around 2 minutes more.
- Pour the scampi into the pasta and mix.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley.