I love lasagna and chicken alfredo, so why not combine both in one dish? I recently made this yummy chicken alfredo lasagna that became successful after three attempts. So now, I serve it for special occasions when my friends are over for dinner. I hope you love this recipe just as I do!
Chicken Alfredo LasagnaPrint Recipe
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
- 1 pound of chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 8 ounces of button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 3 1/2 cups of milk
- Black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 ounces of spinach, sliced into 1/4 in ribbons
- 1 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 package of lasagna noodles (regular, not “no-boil noodles”)
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Heat a small oven-safe skillet over medium heat. (I used a Dutch oven). Add the oil and chicken breasts. Cook the chicken for 5 minutes on one side until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Turn the chicken over. Transfer the pan to the preheated oven. Roast the chicken in the oven until the instant-read thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, and once the chicken has cooled, shred the chicken with your fingers or two forks.
- Decrease the oven temperature to 375 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a pan on medium heat. Then add the mushrooms and cook, often stirring, until the mushrooms are slightly browned for about 7 minutes. Add the shallots and cook for another 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant for about 30 seconds.
- Add the flour and frequently stir with a wooden spoon. Cook for a minute until it gets slightly thick.
- Whisking constantly, add the milk slowly, and continue to cook for about 7 minutes. The sauce should thicken slightly. Add salt, pepper, nutmeg, spinach and half of the Parmesan cheese. Cook for about 3 minutes and add the chicken. Remove from heat and tailor the seasoning to your taste.
- Spray an 8×11 baking pan with nonstick spray. Spread 1/4 cup of the sauce on the bottom of the dish. Try to avoid large chunks of chicken. Top with a layer of noodles (I used 3 noodles). Continue to alternate sauce and noodles until you run out of noodles. I was able to make five layers. Add the remaining sauce and Parmesan cheese.
- Wrap the pan with aluminium foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake for another 20 minutes.
- We ate this with a nice salad. Enjoy!