Easy Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Coconut Rice
These grilled shrimp skewers with coconut rice is the ultimate Asian dish to try. This is perfect if you like seafood and barbecue.
- 2 pounds shrimp
- 2 cups pineapple cubed
- 1 medium red bell pepper cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups rice uncooked
- 1 bottle Asian dressing
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Make your veggie and fruit skewers first with 2 pepper, 2 onions, 2 pineapples, and 2 mushrooms. Set them aside and pour some dressing over the fruit and veggie skewers. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Spray your clean grill with cooking spray. Heat your grill.
- Put your clean, deveined shrimp on the remaining skewers sideways (put the skewer through the front and tail of the shrimp) for easy cooking. Pour the remaining dressing over the shrimp, sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper, and put them in the fridge.
- Place your fruit and veggie skewers on the grill.
- While they are cooking, heat the water and coconut milk. Add 2tbls of butter, salt, pepper and garlic powder to the liquid. When it starts to boil, add the rice, stir and cover.
- Turn your veggie skewers frequently until they have lots of beautiful grill marks. Take them off the grill and slide each skewer full of fruit and veggies into a beautiful large bowl.
- Put the shrimp on the grill and turn each minute until they are pink and ready to eat. Slide them off their skewers and into the large bowl with the veggies. Give them a toss and push them to one side. Pile the cooked rice on the other side of the bowl. It makes for a beautiful family-style presentation.
Calories: 1218kcalCarbohydrates: 37gProtein: 177gFat: 47gSaturated Fat: 14gPolyunsaturated Fat: 15gMonounsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 2586mgSodium: 8690mgPotassium: 485mgFiber: 2gSugar: 20gVitamin A: 1220IUVitamin C: 54mgCalcium: 1008mgIron: 24mg
We’d love to know if you enjoyed this recipefeel free to let us know in the comments!