Shoyu Ramen is a popular Japanese dish that is enjoyed all over the world. It is a savory and flavorful dish made with soy sauce-based broth, noodles, and various toppings. Making Shoyu Ramen from scratch might seem intimidating, but following a few easy steps is pretty simple.
Making Shoyu Ramen at home is a fun and delicious way to show your cooking skills to your family and friends. Following this simple recipe, you can enjoy this savory Japanese dish anytime.
Homemade Savoury Shoyu Ramen Recipe
Learn how to make the flavorful and savory Shoyu Ramen with this easy-to-follow recipe. Impress your family and friends with this famous Japanese dish made from scratch.
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 inches ginger sliced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 2 packs ramen noodles
- ½ pound pork belly sliced
- 2 medium eggs soft-boiled
- 2 sprigs green onions sliced
- ½ cup bamboo shoots
- ½ cup bean sprouts
- 2 sheets nori cut in half
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- In a large pot, sauté the onion, garlic, and ginger until fragrant.
- Add chicken broth, water, soy sauce, mirin, and sake. Allow to boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- While the broth is simmering, cook the pork belly in a separate pan until browned and crispy. Set aside.
- Cook the ramen noodles according to the package instructions.
- Softly boil the eggs by cooking them in boiling water for 6 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and let them cool down in cold water.
- Once the broth is done, strain it and discard the solids.
- To assemble the ramen bowls, divide the noodles into four bowls.
- Pour the broth over the noodles, then add the pork belly, egg, green onions, bamboo shoots, bean sprouts, nori, sesame seeds, salt, and pepper.
- Serve hot, and enjoy!
Calories: 436kcalCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 17gFat: 36gSaturated Fat: 12gPolyunsaturated Fat: 5gMonounsaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0.01gCholesterol: 123mgSodium: 995mgPotassium: 512mgFiber: 2gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 258IUVitamin C: 7mgCalcium: 91mgIron: 3mg
We’d love to know if you enjoyed this recipefeel free to let us know in the comments!