If you want a snack that’s healthy, filling, and delicious, this turkey taco quinoa bowl is the right snack to get. This is easy to prepare, yet you’ll enjoy the whole process. You can also substitute rice with quinoa if you don’t have it available.
Turkey Taco Quinoa BowlPrint Recipe
- Quinoa Bowl Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 pound of turkey
- 1 cup of white onion, chopped
- 1 batch of taco seasoning
- 1 15-ounce of can black beans, lightly drained
- 1 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 3 tablespoons of original Frank's red hot sauce
- 1/2 cup of quinoa or rice cooked according to package directions
- Greens (arugula, spinach), avocado, shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa for toppings.
- Taco Seasoning Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon of chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- t, sauté the onion in a little bit of olive oil until softened. Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper to the onions.
- Add the 1 pound of ground turkey and break it up into small pieces.
- When the turkey begins to release juices, add the batch of taco seasoning to the turkey and mix together.
- Add the tomato sauce and mix until the turkey is coated.
- As the turkey is cooking, tie the cilantro stems and butcher’s twine and chop them from the leaves.
- When the turkey is cooked through, nuzzle the bunch of cilantro stems in the turkey.
- Add black beans and hot sauce and stir into turkey, careful not to break up the bundle of cilantro stems.
- Turn heat down to medium-low and then Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes. Taste the meat to make sure the seasonings are good.
- In a bowl, spoon quinoa (or rice), then a helping of turkey and beans. Sprinkle cheese over it, so it melts.
- Add greens, avocado, chopped cilantro, sour cream and any other desired toppings.