I probably make a soup once a week during this season, usually on a Sunday, so I have a big pot filled with hearty soup in my fridge almost every day. This vegetarian stew is delicious, filling and very inexpensive!
Vegetarian StewPrint Recipe
- 4 carrots, diced
- 3 sticks of celery, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound of sliced portobello mushrooms
- 1/3 cup of tomato paste
- 1 1/2 pound of gold potatoes, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 4 cups of water
- 1 1/2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups of peas (dethaw if frozen)
- 3 fresh sprigs of rosemary, minced
- 1 tablespoon of dried parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon of smoked paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon of marjoram
- In a large pot, heat up 1 tablespoon of water. Then, sautée onion, celery and carrots for 5 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms and garlic. Cook for 8-10 minutes while stirring frequently.
- Add diced potatoes, water, vegetable broth, tomato paste, dried parsley, paprika, oregano and marjoram. Bring to a boil and lessen the heat to a simmer. Then, stir in the rosemary, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are tender, add peas and stir to combine. Let it cook for another 10 minutes.
- Transfer 1/3 of the stew to a blender and blend till smooth. Pour it back into the pot, then stir well.
- Serve while warm and enjoy!