Pecan pies are the best! I love them baking them, regardless of the occasion. That’s why today, I’m sharing with you an easy recipe for pecan pie that most of my loved ones always request from me. Enjoy!
Pecan PiePrint Recipe
- Pie Crust Ingredients
- 4 cups of flour
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 3/4 cup of shortening
- 1/2 cup of cold water
- 1 tablespoon of white vinegar
- 1 large egg
- Pie Ingredients
- 3 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of white Karo syrup
- 1/4 cup of butter, softened (or melted and cooled slightly)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2-1 cup of pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 9-inch unbaked pie crust
Pie Crust Instructions
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, and salt with a fork. Cut in shortening until crumbly.
- In a small bowl, beat together the egg, water, and vinegar.
- Add this to the prepared flour mixture and stir until all ingredients are well moistened.
- Divide dough into five equal parts.
- Wrap each in saran wrap or put in baggies. May store in fridge or freezer.
- Put pecans in a pastry-lined pie pan. Mix all other ingredients using a mixer, then pour into the pie shell.
- Bake the pie at 350 degrees for about 45-50 minutes, or until a knife inserted near the centre comes out clean.
- Let cool pie on wire rack. Cover and chill to store.