All of us are constantly looking for ways to have a quick lunch and use up leftovers, whether to help the cooking budget or be sustainable with food. A chicken wrap is a perfect idea for both.
Use leftover rotisserie chicken or whatever chicken dinner you had last night. Make a quick two- or three-ingredient sauce, add another protein (eggs, bacon, cheese, etc.) and some lettuce or other veggies, then wrap it all up in a tortilla or specialty wrap.
Honey-Chipotle Chicken WrapPrint Recipe
- 1 teaspoon of chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of mayo
- 1 multi-grain tortilla
- 2 leaves of Romaine lettuce
- 3 ounces of leftover chicken
- 2 slices of cooked bacon
- In a small bowl, combine the chopped chipotle, honey, and mayo
- Spread the sauce all over the tortilla shell.
- Layer the lettuce, chicken and bacon on top of the prepared tortilla
- Before wrapping, place in microwave for about 30 seconds
- Roll, cut, and eat!