This cashew chicken recipe is very appetizing, maybe because chicken and cashew are a perfect combination. Also, it has a sweet taste because honey is included in the ingredients, which gives a natural sweetness of taste.
The sesame seeds add to the aroma of this recipe. It gives a tender smell and savoury taste. This cashew chicken recipe is perfect for any local or special occasion. But, the most important is the food that creates a bond for the family. It’s our honour to prepare and serve delicious food to our loved ones because they deserve it.
Delectable Cashew Chicken Recipe
If you're constantly craving Chinese, this delectable cashew chicken is a good recipe to try. It's an easy homemade dish of your favourite Chinese takeaways.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce divided
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken breast cuts
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- ¾ cup onion chopped
- ½ cup celery chopped
- ½ cup red bell pepper chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger grated
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup green onions chopped
- ¼ cup cashews unsalted
- Mix the soy sauce, sherry, 2 teaspoons of cornstarch, and chicken in a large bowl. Make sure that it coats well. Mix the remaining soy sauce, 2 teaspoons of cornstarch, broth, oyster sauce, and honey in a small bowl.
- Heat the 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat in a large nonstick skillet. Sauté the chicken mixture for 3 minutes and remove from the pan.
- In the remaining oil, sauté the garlic, onion, celery, and ginger for 2 minutes. Return the chicken mixture, then add the broth mixture and stir. Let it boil until it is tender. Stir well, then turn the heat off. Sprinkle cashew and green onions.
Calories: 209kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 17gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0.01gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 1335mgPotassium: 427mgFiber: 2gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 786IUVitamin C: 29mgCalcium: 40mgIron: 2mg
We’d love to know if you enjoyed this recipefeel free to let us know in the comments!