This cashew chicken recipe is very appetizing, maybe because chicken and cashew are a perfect combination. Also, it has a sweet taste because honey is included in the ingredients, which gives a natural sweetness of taste.
The sesame seeds add to the aroma of this recipe. It gives a tender smell and savoury taste. This cashew chicken recipe is perfect for any local or special occasion. But, the most important is the food that creates a bond for the family. It’s our honour to prepare and serve delicious food to our loved ones because they deserve it.
Delectable Cashew Chicken Recipe
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce divided
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken breast cuts
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- ¾ cup onion chopped
- ½ cup celery chopped
- ½ cup red bell pepper chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger grated
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup green onions chopped
- ¼ cup cashews unsalted
- Mix the soy sauce, sherry, 2 teaspoons of cornstarch, and chicken in a large bowl. Make sure that it coats well. Mix the remaining soy sauce, 2 teaspoons of cornstarch, broth, oyster sauce, and honey in a small bowl.
- Heat the 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat in a large nonstick skillet. Sauté the chicken mixture for 3 minutes and remove from the pan.
- In the remaining oil, sauté the garlic, onion, celery, and ginger for 2 minutes. Return the chicken mixture, then add the broth mixture and stir. Let it boil until it is tender. Stir well, then turn the heat off. Sprinkle cashew and green onions.