One recipe I decided to try was this Overnight Oatmeal Berry Breakfast Parfait. I’ve had a couple of mandatory and early mornings at work this week. That, combined with the fact that I prefer to take the early morning barre class at my studio, has meant that I’ve been rushing around in the mornings a little bit.
The combination of rushed mornings and the threat of continental breakfast inspired me to try this breakfast parfait you prepared the night before. And it was great. If you think about it, you can prepare it while you’re getting dinner together and leave it in the fridge overnight, and in the morning, when you wake up and remember what you have, you will love your former self.
Delicious Overnight Oatmeal Berry Breakfast Parfait Recipe
- ¾ cup yogurt plain, whole milk
- ⅓ cup oats uncooked
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon Stevia optional
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ large banana mashed
- 2 tablespoons almond milk unsweetened
- 1 cup mixed berries fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons almonds chopped
- In a medium bowl, mash the banana with a fork until mostly smooth. Add yogurt, oats, chia seeds, cinnamon, vanilla extract and almond milk. Add the full amount of almond milk. I did not because I was concerned that it would be gross and runny, but the chia seeds help thicken everything overnight, so you need the extra moisture. If you don’t think this is sweet enough, you can add some stevia or other natural sweetener.
- Then, begin layering in a tall glass or, in my case, a to-go container. I started with a layer of berries (I used fresh raspberries and strawberries because they are in season right now, and there is nothing better than fresh berries!). Then I added a layer of the yogurt mixture, a sprinkle of almonds, and then back to the berries! Easy!
- Stick it in the refrigerator overnight and enjoy it when you wake up!