Now and then, there comes a time when I could eat pancakes every day. For breakfast, for lunch, for dinner. Or even in-between. But preferably for breakfast. A delicious stack of fluffy pancakes, topped with everything my heart desires, served in bed with a cup of fresh-brewed coffee. Wishful thinking, I know, I know. So let’s go back to reality and talk about these not-being-served-in-bed Banana Oatmeal Pancakes.
These beauties are not only super delicious but healthy as well. They are made with healthy ingredients and naturally sweetened with a ripe banana. And the best part? You can make them in your blender. Then, just throw everything in, and you’ll have your pancakes in no time flat!
I love to eat mine with fresh fruits like strawberries and blueberries and some melted dark chocolate (because chocolate makes everything better, right?), but you can always go your route.
Sweet Banana Oatmeal Pancakes Recipe
- 1 small flax egg
- ¾ cup oats rolled
- ½ medium banana ripe
- ¾ cup milk plant-based
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ medium vanilla bean scraped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil for cooking
- 1 cup banana sliced, for toppings
- First, prepare the flax egg. In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of ground flax seeds with 3 tablespoons of warm water. Stir well, and allow the mixture rest for 5 to 10 minutes. The result should be a thick, gelatinous mixture.
- Put all pancake ingredients except coconut oil into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Heat a small amount of coconut oil in a pan over medium heat. Pour in about 1/4 cup of batter. Flip it over carefully when the surface begins to bubble and cook it on the other side for another minute or so.
- Repeat until the batter is used.
- Serve pancakes with toppings of your choice.