An abundance of veggies has been popping up in my garden lately! I swear zucchinis are the rabbits of the vegetable world; they reproduce in seriously vast numbers! Anyone who has grown zucchini knows precisely what I’m talking about. Today, I have an uber-easy and delicious zucchini salad recipe to share, which can help you tackle your zucchini population problem!
Chilled Zucchini SaladPrint Recipe
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup of green peas
- 1/3 cup of corn
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of slivered almonds, toasted lightly
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh basil
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Start by peeling your zucchini.
- Toss with the zest and juice from your lemon, and add olive oil. By adding the “wet” ingredients first, you’ll find it easier to mix the salad together gently.
- Next, throw in your fresh chopped basil, diced red onion, diced tomatoes, corn, green peas, and toasted almonds. Add salt and pepper to taste.