I am in love with this cool, creamy, slightly sweet vanilla cinnamon panna cotta recipe. Following a paleo diet, cleanse diet, or even the autoimmune protocol can be challenging when you want a dessert or sweet snack. This panna cotta recipe is simple and makes a delicious treat you will love. Plus, it is filled with awesome health benefits.
The grass-fed gelatin is a powerhouse for healing the gut lining and helping heal gut dysfunction. Coconut milk provides excellent saturated fat to support hormones, and we know coconut products also have anti-viral and anti-microbial benefits. Plus, cinnamon helps regulate blood sugar and satiety. Finally, using wild, local honey brings an element of sweetness to the cool creamy coconut texture. Trust me; if you make this one time, you will be hooked!
Yummy Paleo Vanilla Cinnamon Panna Cotta Recipe
- 1 can coconut milk
- ½ cup water warm
- 3 teaspoons gelatin grass-fed and unflavored
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Pour 1/2 cup of water into the saucepan and sprinkle the gelatin over it. Allow this to sit on the counter for 5 minutes while the gelatin blooms.
- After the gelatin has bloomed, place the saucepan on the stove on low and add coconut milk. Whisk the mixture together and be careful not to let it boil. Whisk until gelatin dissolves. Add cinnamon, honey and vanilla and continue to whisk until thoroughly incorporated.
- Continue to whisk for 5 to 10 minutes while gelatin and ingredients incorporate smoothly. Remember, no boiling!
- Pour into ramekins and cover. Place in refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours until set.
- Top with fresh berries or a drizzle of honey.