French 75 Cocktail Recipe
The French 75 originated in New York and is a great summer pre dinner drink served cold.
- 1 lemon Used to cut a lemon peek and use it to provide 0.75 fluid ounces of lemon juice (see below)
- ¾ floz Sugar Syrup an alternative is half a teaspoon of sugar or a sugar cube
- ¾ floz Lemon juice
- 1.5 floz Gin Use your favourite white gin
- 3 floz Champagne Use your favourite French Champagne
- First take your lemon and cut a lemon peel to use as garnish. If longer it will twirl down inside the glass
- Next cut and juice the lemon.
- Take a Champagne Flute and place the 0.75 ounces of sugar syrup in the bottom of the glass – Smaller end of larger (1.5/0.75) jigger.
- Next add your 0.75 ounces of lemon juice
- Next add 1.5 ounces of your favourite gin
- Next pour in 3 ounces of French Champagne (top up glass but leave room for lemon peel)
- Garnish with your lemon peel
Calories: 211kcalCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 0.1gFat: 0.1gSaturated Fat: 0.01gSodium: 20mgPotassium: 116mgFiber: 0.1gSugar: 18gVitamin A: 1IUVitamin C: 9mgCalcium: 12mgIron: 1mg
We’d love to know if you enjoyed this recipefeel free to let us know in the comments!