Recipe for a classic martini (not dirty) made with gin, dry vermouth and a twist of lemon. Shaken or stirred. If you prefer to make a dirty martini then follow the directions below and add a splash of olive brine and garnish with olives rather than lemon. See our notes below.
- 3 floz gin white gin so its clean
- 0.75 floz dry vermouth
- 1 lemon
- For shaken, fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Pour in 3 ounces of gin (2 shots of the large end of the larger jigger)
- Pour in 0.75 ounces of dry vermouth (1 shot of the smaller end of the larger jigger)
- Shake well to mix
- Stain into a cocktail (martini) glass
- Garnish with a lemon peel
If your looking to make a dirty martini then you will need olives and olive brine and replace the lemon garnish with the olives. To make the recipe above a dirty martini you will also add a splash of the olive brine into the cocktail shaker before shaking.
Calories: 223kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 0.02gSodium: 1mgPotassium: 2mgSugar: 0.1gIron: 0.04mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!