The Negroni is a classic Italian cocktail that is both easy to make and delicious. It is made with gin, Campari, and sweet vermouth, and is usually garnished with a twist of orange peel. This drink is perfect for any occasion, whether you’re hosting a party or just looking for a refreshing cocktail to enjoy at home. This recipe is for a classic Negroni, but feel free to experiment with different types of gin, vermouth, or bitters to find your perfect combination.
Classic Negroni Recipe
- 1.5 floz Gin preferably a white gin but use your favourite
- 1.5 floz Campari
- 1.5 floz Sweet Vermouth
- 1 Orange Peel a slice of orange if you prefer
- Fill rock glass with ice
- Add 1.5 floz (larger end of jigger) of gin. If you want to make a smaller Negroni just use the smaller end which is effectively half the size or 0.75 floz for each ingredient. If you have a 1 floz / 0.5 floz jigger then just choose which end your going to use as the proportions are the same for each ingredient.
- Add 1.5 ounces of Campari
- Add 1.5 ounces of Sweet Vermouth
- Add an orange peel or orange slice