Mexican food is one of my biggest go-to eats, and I wonder if I can add something to make it more satisfying for me. Then I thought I would make a Mexican tomato soup that’s spicy and savory at the same time.
Mexican Tomato SoupPrint Recipe
- 400 grams of chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup of vegetable stock
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of Italian tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon of crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons of chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper
- 1/2 cup of red kidney beans
- Salt to taste
- Heat some oil in a pot and place the garlic to sauté lightly. From there, add vegetable stock and all spices. Let simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and whisk it through. Then, add your tomatoes and water. Add a dash of salt to taste.
- Simmer for 30 minutes before removing the heat to cool. Once cool, blend with a stick blender. Leave a few chunks of tomato through mine for texture. Add the kidney beans, then place back on the heat for another 30 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream, cheese and your favorite bread or corn chips.