I woke up this morning craving something salty and savoury. I knew I had one avocado laying around at home and some leftover farm-fresh eggs I bought from the farmers market. Two ingredients can genuinely make these fantastic baked avocado egg cups.
You start by halving an avocado and scooping out enough flesh to make a perfect egg-sized hole.
Then, you can add whatever seasonings or sauces that you would like before putting the egg in! For these, I added a little sriracha sauce and lemon juice then topped them with plenty of sea salt and pepper, and they turned out fantastic.
These savoury baked avocado egg cups are easily made in just 10 minutes. The perfect way to get some protein and healthy fat into your diet! Customize them by adding whatever flavourings you like.
Baked Avocado Egg CupsPrint Recipe
- 1 avocado
- 2 large eggs
- Seasonings and sauces of choice (I used Sriracha, salt and pepper)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Half a ripened avocado and remove the stone.
- Scoop out a small amount of the flesh to make a hole the size of the egg.
- Add sauces like Sriracha, pesto, or ketchup to the hole before adding the egg.
- Crack open the first egg into a small bowl.
- Slowly pour the egg into the hole in one of the avocado halves.
- Top with sea salt and black pepper.
- Repeat for the second egg and avocado half.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in a small ramekin.