Here’s another great early morning meal idea, breakfast egg burrito. The tortilla is made with eggs cooked like very thin crepes, and the recipe calls for a homemade Taco seasoning spice blend to use with the ground meat. You’ll only need 1 teaspoon of the spice blend per pound of meat, but it makes more sense to prepare a larger quantity of the spice blend for later use.
Breakfast Egg BurritoPrint Recipe
- Taco Seasoning Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons of chilli powder
- 1 ½ tablespoon of cumin
- 1 ½ tablespoon of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons of oregano
- ½ teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- Burrito Ingredients
- 2 1/2 pounds of ground beef
- 2 teaspoons of taco seasoning
- Homemade guacamole, to taste
- Cooking fat
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Prepare the spice blend in a bowl by combining all the spices together.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and brown the ground meat in a bit of cooking fat while making sure to break the meat very well.
- When the meat is cooked, add salt and pepper to taste. Then add 2 teaspoons of the taco seasoning and combine well with the meat.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and reserve.
- Heat a bit of cooking fat in a frying pan over medium-low heat and pour in ¼ of the whisked eggs, making sure to spread the eggs to cover the largest area of the pan possible before it sets.
- Cook on each side until brown and just cooked. Reserve the egg “tortilla” and repeat the process for all of the whisked egg mixture.
- To serve, place an egg tortilla on each plate and top with the cooked ground meat, homemade guacamole and homemade salsa or hot sauce.