I came across this Easy Cheese Danish recipe on Pinterest, which looked “somewhat” familiar to the cheesecake bars I’ve made recently.
These, however, looked suitable for breakfast as well as dessert. So I picked up a can of Pillsbury Crescent Seamless Dough and wanted to give it a try. It’s the same price as the standard crescent rolls, and it’s basically the same thing, same size, same jack-in-the-box POP! when opening, only without the perforations.
Easy Cheese Danish
This recipe for cheese danish is an absolute keeper! This tasty pastry is a very satisfying choice for a breakfast.
- 2 cans rolls crescent
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sugar granulated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 medium egg
- ½ cup powdered sugar confectioner's
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and egg in a large mixing bowl. Using a mixer, combine until the mixture is well mixed and whipped.
- Unroll the whole can of one crescent roll to cover the bottom of the baking dish. Pinch together seams.
- Drop cream cheese mixture on top of crescent dough and smooth evenly.
- Cover cream cheese with the second can of crescent rolls (I used the Crescent dough sheet for my top layer).
- Using a knife, pierce a hole in the top layer of dough, and fingers create a slit approximately 2 inches in length. Repeat until there are about 9 equally-sized slits.
- Brush the top layer of dough with egg white. This will give the top layer a nice pretty shine when baked.
- Bake at 350degrees Fahrenheit for 30 to 35 minutes.
- White the danish is baking; we’ll make the glaze.
- Add powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk in a bowl, stirring until well combined.
- Allow danish to cool for about 20 minutes before adding the glaze.
- Drizzle sugar glaze over danish and serve warm!
Calories: 295kcalCarbohydrates: 70gProtein: 0.3gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0.003gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 81mgPotassium: 23mgFiber: 0.02gSugar: 58gVitamin A: 8IUVitamin C: 0.002mgCalcium: 8mgIron: 0.1mg
We’d love to know if you enjoyed this recipefeel free to let us know in the comments!