Can you imagine someone making you breakfast and placing what looks, tastes and feels like a cookie in front of you for breakfast? I would be like, is this for real? But I know I will be holding on tightly to my plate so no one will take it away from me. This is not a dream; it is a breakfast cookie. Indeed, this banana chocolate chip breakfast cookie has healthy ingredients in it. It’s so simple and quick to make; your kids will love it, and you’re going to be so glad you found this recipe.
You can mix up the flavour combinations in this recipe to keep it interesting such as adding peanut butter or switching out the banana for applesauce; options are abundant.
I hope that all of you try this recipe and discover the beauty and bliss of having a cookie for breakfast with guilt nowhere to be found.
Hearty Banana Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookie Recipe
- ¼ cup oats large
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour organic
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 small banana mashed
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla
- Place oats, flour, and baking powder into a small bowl, and whisk to combine.
- Mash a small banana on a plate with a fork until creamy, add to bowl with oats, add in chocolate chips, pure maple syrup, and vanilla, and mix everything until all ingredients are well blended.
- Pour out a small plate and form it into a round cookie using a spoon; place the cookie in the microwave and cook for 60 to 70 seconds; serve warm and enjoy.