This Veggie Frittata is a really easy recipe. I usually have all these ingredients on hand, and it’s a great way to use leftover pasta or cooked potatoes. Plus, it’s a nice break from the typical chicken meals. I highly recommend you serve this with a light salad.
Veggie FrittataPrint Recipe
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 an onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup of leftover pasta (or cooked potatoes)
- A handful of spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon of dry thyme
- 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup of shredded cheese
- 5 large eggs
- Zest of an entire lemon
- 4-5 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place one of the racks second to the top of the oven.
- Mix the eggs, lemon zest, thyme, and parsley in a medium bowl. Add salt and pepper and set aside.
- Place a medium nonstick pan on medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan and add the onion and pepper. Cook the pepper and onion until they are softened. Next, add the spinach and stir it around until it’s wilted. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the pasta and the other 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix everything around and make sure the pasta is coated in olive oil. Work it in if you’re using long pasta as I did.
- Next, add the eggs and, using a spatula, move the eggs around to get to the bottom of the pan. Lift the sides so the egg liquid can continue to reach the bottom.
- Soon you will see a crust forming on the sides of the pan. When the top of the frittata is no longer very wet, place it in the oven (n the second to top rack for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, take out the frittata. It should look like this:
- Sprinkle the cheese all over the top. Return it in the oven until the cheese melts for about 5 to 7 minutes. Take out the pan and run your spatula along the sides, making sure the frittata is not stuck to the pan. Grab a plate (bigger than the pan) and slide your frittata onto the plate. Slice and serve with a mixed green salad with a drizzle of olive oil, a squeeze of lemon (use the one you zested) and a pinch of salt.