Today we have a thanksgiving ceremony, and I have planned to serve this decadent pumpkin pie cake to the invites. It is a great combo of both pie and cake. My grandmom loves this cake a lot as it is not super sweet at all, but it tastes exactly like a cake and has a hanky-panky creation.
My grandmom loves this pumpkin pie cake a lot as it is not super sweet at all, but it really tastes exactly like a cake and has a hanky-panky creation.
This cake is simple but never misses to impress. It’s such a tasty treat that your family will love.
Decadent Pumpkin Pie Cake Recipe
- 2 ½ cup flour all-purpose
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon icing sugar for dusting
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅔ cup milk warmed
- ½ tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree unsweetened
- In a bowl, add the filling ingredients, including pumpkin pie spice and whisk it until it turns smooth and keeps it aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Now take a pan of 9×13-inch, butter it, and flour it.
- Once done, set it aside.
- Now in a bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, beat butter and sugar with an electric mixture until it turns light and fluffy for about 7 minutes.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat in egg one at a time until incorporated.
- Then beat in vanilla.
- Now add 1⁄3 of the flour mixture to the egg mixture and beat it until they are combined.
- Scrape down the sides and add ½ of the milk.
- Beat it again until combined and carry on repeating alternating with the flour and milk, ending it finally with 1⁄3 of the flour.
- Now, scrape the batter with an offset spatula into the prepared pan by smoothing it.
- Pour the pumpkin filling over the centre of the cake.
- Bake the cake mixture for about 70 to 75 minutes or until the cake turns golden brown and the pumpkin filling no longer jiggles.
- Once it’s done, let it cool and dust with icing sugar before serving.