Granny always used natural ingredients. Therefore, you won’t find any added sugars in this tasty recipe for strawberry crumble pie. This recipe is approved for diabetes, cancer, and heart disease because it is naturally made without artificial chemicals such as food colourings and preservatives.
Because it is a natural food, it is free of gluten, animals, eggs, dairy and lactose. In addition, it is wheat-free, peanut-free, with no unnatural oils and alcohols.
Granny’s Strawberry Crumble Pie is low-fat, a whole food because it is plant-based. However, it requires a step up from regular recipes in that it requires safe products to make it.
Granny either bought produce from her local farmer’s market, where food was not chemically treated, or she grew it in her yard in front of the chicken coop. Either way, it was considered organic and without GMOs.
So we recommend that for your recipes, including Granny’s Strawberry Crumble Pie, you consider organic non-GMO ingredients – for your health and safety.
Granny’s Strawberry Crumble PiePrint Recipe
- 1/2 cup of organic Brazil nuts
- 1/2 cup of organic, gluten-free old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon of organic hemp seeds
- 3/4 cup of organic raspberries
- 1 cup of filtered water
- 3 organic Medjool dates, pitted
- 3/4 cup of whole organic strawberries, sliced
- Pulse the Brazil nuts and oats for 8 seconds or until lightly chopped in a food processor. Transfer to a small container and add the hemp seeds.
- In the food processor, blend the raspberries, water, and dates until smooth and well combined, about 12 seconds.
- Divide into serving bowls.
- Gently fold in the sliced strawberries and cover with nut, oat/, hemp mixture.