Anyone close to me knows how much I love pork, like love it, especially pork ribs. And through the years, I think I’ve perfected the marinade for this dish, but don’t take my word for it, try it out! This Asian Style BBQ Pork Ribs recipe is quick, simple, and everyone will be licking their fingers; it’s so good!
Asian Style BBQ Pork RibsPrint Recipe
- 3 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons of sesame seed oil
- 2 teaspoons of five-spice powder
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of Chinese cooking wine or dry Sherry
- 1–2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Hoi Sin sauce
- Good pinches of salt, pepper and sugar
- 2 tablespoons of honey (for drizzling once the ribs are done)
- Rinse the pork ribs under cold water and pat dry. Put the ribs in a large tray or platter, add all the marinade ingredients except the honey. With clean hands, mix and massage the marinade into the ribs. Cover with lid and marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- You can cook the ribs either in the oven or on a BBQ. I always do it in the oven. So pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius. Arrange the ribs on a large roasting tray in one layer, spoon any leftover marinade onto the ribs. Bake the ribs for about 30 to 35 minutes until they’re sizzling and have little burnt bits.
- Take out of the oven, drizzle with honey and put back into the oven, turning the heat off. Let sit for a couple of minutes.
- Serve with steamed rice and green vegetables of your choice, or enjoy them as they are!