I have been seeing lemon garlic chicken all over Pinterest, and we just got a bunch of chicken breasts at the store, so for dinner, I decided to use a couple of them for some of this lemon garlic chicken.
My family really liked it. And I definitely loved it!
I didn’t freeze it before as the original recipe calls for, so I can’t say how it is after being frozen, but marinating in the fridge for 8 hours made my lemon garlic chicken so juicy and soaked up the flavors so well. We ended up only cooking one large chicken breast and froze the second one – so when I do make the other one, I’ll let you know how it is after being frozen!
We ate this chicken with some Super Easy Paleo Chicken Avocado Caesar Salad.
I’ll admit – I was kind of worried how powerful the lemon flavor would come through my Lemon Garlic Chicken. But it was perfect! I am a big fan of this chicken!
One of the most important steps in making this Lemon Garlic Chicken is making sure you pound out the chicken. Before marinating it, I stabbed it with a sharp knife a couple of times. After marinating, I pounded it out with my fist. This really helped with even cooking and getting all the juices soaked up into the chicken.
Simple And Perfect Lemon Garlic Chicken
- 2 medium chicken breasts
- 1 medium lemon juiced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 splash olive oil
- Pierce chicken breasts 4-6 times each with a sharp knife and place in a Ziploc bag.
- Add lemon juice, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Let marinate for 8 hours in the fridge.
- After 8 hours of marinating, pound the chicken out with the side of your fist until thin.
- Drizzle olive oil on a skillet and warm on medium-high heat.
- When oil and pan are hot, using tongs, place chicken breast on the pan. Cook on both sides for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. [I had my pan a little too hot, to begin with, so I covered the pan with a lid for the last 3 minutes to cook through]
- Let rest for 3 minutes, then cut and serve!