As promised yesterday, I am sharing how I make my macarons. I think I’m going to do a special week of macarons in the fall months of October or November. Now that I’ve gotten the recipe down and figured out the kinks, I decided it is time to share a pretty plain recipe for easy macarons. Once we all get this recipe down, I’ll start building upon it. I smell a pumpkin spice macaron!
This is a recipe for making basic macarons. If you are new to macaron making and don’t want to waste a lot of stuff, use this recipe to perfect your recipe.
Easy Macarons Recipe
This easy macarons recipe is perfect for you if you are new to baking macarons. These are really to do, believe me!
- ⅔ cup almond flour
- 2 large egg whites
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, mix your sugar and the almond flour and pass it through a sieve to remove the large pieces of almond flour.
- In another bowl, whisk the granulated sugar and the egg whites together until the sugar has dissolved and the egg whites appear frothy.
- With a hand or stand mixer, beat the egg white and sugar mixture on medium for 4 minutes, medium-high for 8 minutes, and high for 1 to 2 minutes. The beaten eggs should hold shiny and stiff peaks.
- Add the almond flour and sugar mixture to the beaten eggs. You then want to fold the mixture from the middle towards the edges.
- Pour your mixture into a piping bag fitted with a round tip.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper onto a pan and pipe out circles about 3/4-inch wide. Place them about 3/4-inch apart from each other.
- Once you’ve piped them out, give the pan a good tap against the counter to release any air bubbles in the macarons. Let the macarons sit out for about 20 to 25 minutes to harden the top shell.
- After they’ve sat out for a little while, place them in the oven. Let them cook on the lower oven rack for 7 minutes, then rotate the pan and let them cook for another 7 minutes.
- Take them out, let them cool, and place some filling in between them. Then eat them!
Calories: 35kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 1gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0.1gSodium: 1mgPotassium: 1mgFiber: 0.4gSugar: 3gCalcium: 9mgIron: 0.2mg
We’d love to know if you enjoyed this recipefeel free to let us know in the comments!