If I could have all of you dine at my parties and only offer one dish, it would definitely be Fluffy Carrot Souffle. If your palate has never had the pleasure of meeting this tasty dish, you’re in for a surprisingly good treat! But, you may think, how can carrots be that exciting? You won’t know until you try it, but I’ll say this; everyone who’s ever had this dish has always rushed back for seconds, and they were gone!
This fluffy carrot souffle is a winner at home. I also bring this to my friends when I come to visit them and according to them, they enjoy it so much!
Fluffy Carrot Souffle Recipe
- 3 pounds carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 medium eggs beaten
- 2 sticks butter softened
- 2 teaspoons confectioner's sugar optional
- In a large pot, boil carrots in hot water until soft and tender for about an hour.
- Drain carrots thoroughly and transfer them to a mixing bowl. Mash carrots in a mixing bowl with a pastry blender or puree in a blender.
- While carrots are still hot, add sugar and beat with an electric mixer.
- Beat in baking powder and vanilla until well blended and smooth.
- Beat in flour and eggs until well blended.
- Beat in butter. Pour batter into ungreased 15×9 or 2-9×9 baking pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until the souffle top is golden brown.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving (optional).