Love tacos, but tired of having beef and pork on it? Try this recipe for Fish Tacos With Creamy Avocado Slaw. It’s a new way to enjoy your favourite tacos–plus, it’s healthier!
Succulent Fish Tacos With Creamy Avocado Slaw
These fish tacos with creamy avocado slaw are my comfort food. These are so juicy and delicious! Try the recipe here.
- 1 pound white fish
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- ½ cup cilantro
- ½ medium avocado
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ medium lime juiced
- 1 small jalapeno
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bag broccoli slaw
- ½ cup corn
- 4 small flour tortillas
- Pat your fish dry with a paper towel and mix together with seasonings. Sprinkle both sides with a spice blend. Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Combine cilantro, avocado, yogurt, lime juice, and jalapeno in a bullet/blender/food processor. Blend! Salt as desired.
- Toss broccoli slaw with cream sauce and sit in the fridge (15 to 30 minutes).
- Fry the fish in oil for 4 to 5 minutes on the first side. Flip, fry an additional 2 to 3 minutes and remove the paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Assemble tacos by layering fish, creamy slaw, salsa and hot sauce in a warmed corn tortilla.
Calories: 508kcalCarbohydrates: 20gProtein: 28gFat: 36gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 10gMonounsaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 879mgPotassium: 582mgFiber: 3gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 471IUVitamin C: 10mgCalcium: 87mgIron: 2mg
We’d love to know if you enjoyed this recipefeel free to let us know in the comments!